From: Carl McKinley
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Taper Tip or Parallel?

Tflan is right, its the same for steel or graphite. I've done a number of sets and the dremel
is the way to go. Any Pings I'm aware of are taper.

Carl

tflan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Beg to disagree. Callaway's are a strange breed. The very bottom of the
hosel at the sole is a little smaller diameter than the rest of the hosel
bore. Notice that all the Callaway tips are slit . . . three crossways cuts
. . . across the bottom of the tip. The tips are shoved into the hosel and a
plastic plug is hammered in, expanding the slits against the hosel wall.
Sort of a built-in shim. The process can be matched by slitting a tip with a
dremel tool, or the bottom of the hosel can be bored out and a standard
.370" tip shaft can be inserted.

In either case, the shafts are not taper tip.

TFlan