Tom:
Thanks for that advice, was exactly what I was looking for. Any good drills to retrain to get into this position?
John
JOHN:

I would tend to disagree with Dave T that this is an equipment problem
for the golfer to generate such high Launch and high spin.  As a former
teaching professional with a decent swing knowledge that was enhanced by
my time spent with Chuck Cook during the time I got to design Payne
Stewart's last set of clubs, I have really been spending a lot of time
studying the relationship of the swing to fitting.
We see high launch and high spin a LOT with golfers who release the club
early and allow the clubhead to pass the hands before impact, thus
causing a lot more dynamic loft at impact.  The ideal impact position
has been recognized as being to achieve a straight line from the top of
the forward shoulder, down the arm, down the shaft to impact.  If you
have a golfer who is achieving a 17* launch angle with 4800 rpms of spin
on a launch monitor while using a relatively normal lofted driver, then
I am going to bet dimes to doughnuts that he is allowing the wrists to
flex forward at impact, which is causing the driver to immediately move
on a dramatic upward angle of attack to contact the ball with a lot more
dynamic loft at impact.
In such cases there is NOTHING an equipment change can do to really get
these numbers down.  Sure, you can go with a VERY low loft driver to
help, but at the end of the day when you see a "wrists flexed forward"
impact position with a golfer, the golfer is going to have to somehow
retrain his swing to get closer to this straight line position at impact
before any real improvement in dropping the height of the shot will
happen.
TOM WISHON

--

Thanks!