Brian,
There were one or more threads on the Wishon forum where square driver design was discussed.  It turns out that a square driver shape doesn't *significantly* increase forgiveness.  What is more important is the design of the face and its forgiveness for off-center hits.

Check out "Moment of Inertia vs Clubhead Resistance to Twisting" in http://wishongolf.com/etechreport/2007/march/

As Bernie indicated there was a square fairway wood that is a poor performer.  Overall shape is not a huge factor in performance.

FWIW - Wishon found that simply adding weight to a conventionally shaped driver increased its MOI by a surprising amount.  (Also on the forum).

/Ed

Brian Parkinson wrote:
I'm still looking for the perfect driver.

Actually, still using my Bang SRVII, but thought about moving up to 460cc (from 340).  Didn't know if the extra size, and in theory, the more forgiving square head, would get me more distance or consistency.

Probably just chasing my tail.

Brian H. Parkinson, CPA
Vice President of Finance
Ball Ventures, LLC