George and everyone

When a club works better for a golfer than what they had before, one has
to look at the performance elements of the two clubs, one by one, and
compare them to see what is different.  Loft, Lie, Face Angle, CG
position, MOI of the head, Bulge/Roll, length, shaft weight, shaft
torque, shaft overall flex, shaft bend profile, swingweight, grip
type/size, face design, face progression - when you see differences in
any of these performance elements, you then can see which are different
in the two clubs bring about the difference in performance for the
golfer.

Please understand that there is nothing inherently different about the
square shape on its own.  A square shape can possibly allow the CG to be
positioned farther back from the face and it can allow the MOI of the
head to be potentially a little higher.  But on the other hand, if one
knows what they are doing as a designer, one can take a non-square shape
and get the CG just as far back from the face and set the MOI of the
head at the same level as with a square head.  To attribute differences
in performance only to the square shape tends to shift the focus away
from what really makes a golf club work better for any golfer - which
quite simply is custom fitting, or, the combination of what all these
fitting elements are and how well they allow the golfer to improve and
get the most from their existing swing characteristics.

TOM