Is he using rat glue or hot melt? Do you remember the hot-rat-glue gun brand?

How are you making your own hosel plugs? I missed that post. OK to use as a cheapo tip on a resource page?

I've made them with aluminum foil. Cut out a very small circle of foil, just enough to cover the very bottom of the shaft and go up 1/16-1/8 inch on the tip of the shaft. A little epoxy on the bottom of the shaft to hold the foil, a bit on the shaft tip, slide the foil/shaft combo down the shaft and the foil usually stays down in the hosel shaped like a tiny cup when you pull the shaft out to apply more epoxy if needed for final installation of the shaft.

The part A epoxy trick/rat glue replacement is a great one. Would be a handy rattle stop treatment.

I would imagine it's best to lock all the doors to the basement when doing the soda straw trick. Probably looks a bit odd and hard to explain if someone walked in on you. :-)

John
shoptalk

Rat glue. But not through the sole. I drilled a hole at the bottom of the >>hosel. With many drivers (but not the Vector) you don't even have to drill >>through titanium -- just remove the hosel plug.

The technique was not invented by me. Charlie Badami taught me how to do it. >>In this case, he did it for me, because he had a hot-rat-glue gun with a long >>needle applicator. Much easier than trying to blow stuff through a soda straw, >>which is my el-cheapo basement technique. BTW, if you don't have rat glue, >>Part A of two-part epoxy is sufficiently viscous and stays that way. (Also >>Charlie's idea.)

Replace the hosel plug when you're done. I have posted here in the past on how >>to make your own hosel plugs.

BTW, that's also the way we got the head for the heavy practice driver up to >>325g.