From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 9:27 AM
To: shoptalk@mail.msen.com
Subject: ShopTalk: Charlie's Rat Glue Trick

Is he using rat glue or hot melt? Do you remember the hot-rat-glue gun
brand?

How are you making your own hosel plugs? I missed that post. OK to
use as a cheapo tip on a resource page?

I've made them with aluminum foil. Cut out a very small circle of
foil, just enough to cover the very bottom of the shaft and go up
1/16-1/8 inch on the tip of the shaft.   A little epoxy on the bottom
of the shaft to hold the foil, a bit on the shaft tip,  slide the
foil/shaft combo down the shaft and the foil usually stays down in
the hosel shaped like a tiny cup when you pull the shaft out to apply
more epoxy if needed for final installation of the shaft.

The part A epoxy trick/rat glue replacement is a great one. Would be
a handy rattle stop treatment.

I would imagine it's best to lock all the doors to the basement when
doing the soda straw trick. Probably looks a bit odd and hard to
explain if someone walked in on you. :-)

John
shoptalk