In a message dated 1/7/2008 8:09:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I wasn't planning on tipping it, but it has already been sanded and even
> angled for the bore thru - so I will have to square off the end which will
> effectively tip a little.
>
> Thanks for the sk comparison - I currently play a tour trac 80 and like it a
> lot. I think I'll try the YS-6+ withh the 655tj

You don't need to tip off the French cut unless you want to, it really won't
matter structurally, it may even increase the bond strength due to more
surface contact, it certainly will not detract from it.
You will just need that much longer of a ferrule, already estimated at 2
1/2", that's a long ferrule to cover your nakedness :-)
I have a LOT of ferrules and even I would have to rummage to find a wd
ferrule that long.
I once had a similar situation and successfully used I think 3 ferrules and
managed to turn and burn them into a reasonably good looking build.
David

Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.