From: "Childers, Tedd A" <tedd.a.child...@pfizer.com>
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:07:18 AM
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: 7-iron at 353 cpm - how?

I took it from your post that when you measured a set of clubs at 2.5" clamp
length, they fit onto the straight line slope as predicted, however, when you
measured using the 5" clamp length, the long irons looked fine but the short
irons gave frequency measurements higher than expected.  The question then
becomes, which set-up (2.5" or 5") gives the "real" frequency on the shorter
irons.  IMHO, the 2.5" clamp length is more likely to induce errors than the
longer, 5" clamp length, meaning that maybe the short irons really are getting
stiffer than desired.  Your conclusion was that the 2.5" clamp length was
yielding "correct" results and the 5" clamp length was not, but there really is
no way to know for sure.  With that said, if Rifles have been designed using
the 2.5" clamp length, then to get them to play as designed, one should use a
2.5" clamp length when building sets with Rifle shafts.

Tedd