        From: owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com
[mailto:owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com] On Behalf Of Robert Devino
        Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 12:33 PM
        To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
        Subject: Re: ShopTalk: 7-iron at 353 cpm - how?

        Ughmmmm   I'll buy that, it makes sense.  It would be cool if we
could find one system for all that gave us real readings. It would do
alot so far as getting some kind of standard for us all to go buy.

        When I was at HotStix we had a machine that used a drill chuck
type clamp. We used it for both Rifle and non Rifle shafts but we
measured the shaft length differently.  First we measured the total
length of the club then for the non Rifle shafts we went 5" towards the
club head, marked it and then placed that mark at the front of the
clamp. Same with rifles but we only went 2.5" toward the club head and
placed that at the front of the clamp.

        Sincerely,
        Robert Devino
        14252 Delano St.