Actually when I first came to work at KZG I did tipping profiles for a complete
iron set at diferent stiffnesses with both a 2.5" clamp and a 5" clamp.  What I
found is that at the hgher frequencies and shorter clubs like 9, PW, and wedges
was that with a 2.5" clamp I got a straight line slope. With a 5" clamp the
shorter clubs showed a logrithmic curve with increasing gaps between the two
clamps rather than a staight line slope.  Well I thought I was going to get
straight line slopes with both just about 20 cycles apart,  I mean that would
be logical right so I asked Kim about this and he told me there was a
difference in the way the butt was designed and you could only get a good read
with a 2.5" clamp as to how the club would actually play.

That's what Kim told me.  But like I said , Loyd  who designed the Fitchip used
a 5" clamp to do his programing calculations off of even on rifle shafts.

Say what you want about his methods but I think the numbers are around 50% of
the touring pros are playing a Kim Braly design of some kind.
 Sincerely,
Robert Devino
14252 Delano St.
Van Nuys, Ca. 91401