John, I like all my clubs.  They are all valuable members of the team. :)
But I will say that since the bunkers became shall we say, firm, as they do
each summer, my favorite club is one new to my bag this season.  A Maltby 1.62
UC 60* wedge.

Similar to an Alien, I suppose.  I play the ball off my shirt logo with a
square stance.  Grip down to the bottom of the grip.  Weight on forward foot
like chipping.  Short to moderate backswing.  Drive down (two very important
words, especially the latter) and through, 2 to 4 inches behind the ball.  Hold
off the hands from rolling over, keep the face to the sky.  Finish around waist
to shoulder high more or less.

With this club, hard sand is stupid easy.  The club will not take too much
sand.  But it will take enough if you let it.  That is why it is important to
Drive DOWN.  There is no need to get cute or flippy or anything.  Also, this
method needs the 60, not the 56.  It also works on regular sand.  Anyone who
thinks it is wrong, show me your toaster-on-a-stick driver and spaceship
putter.

I decided I had to do something different after I carded a Bo Derek on a hole
because of blading a conventional sand shot into a terrible place where there
were dragons and angry golf gods of the "you are really and truly screwed now,
BWAHAHAHA!!!!" variety.  A couple of shots later, I estimated my likely score,
put my ball in my pocket and said "give me a #$!*##^ ten!"

Just retelling it gives me the creeps. Great, now I need another dose of
therapy.  I'm heading to the fridge.

Tflan, did you ever get the Ultralight Launcher?

-Don