How long a course is & the rating does matter.  I play Glennloch Pines just
outside of Houston a couple times a year. It has (3) 9's We normally play the
Gleann/Pines off the middle men's tees
6474 70.3/124 par is 71.
I can normally shoot around 85-86 I am 13.4 index and would get 15 strokes.
If I shoot an 85-15 I am 1 under par. yet if I figure my Diff it is 13.4 (index
would drop to 12.9)

If we play the Loch/Pines from the back its 7301 74.7/131 par 72 Based on slope
I still get 15 strokes.
I have yet to break 95 a full 10 shots difference.  If I figure my Difference
for handicap it is 17.5.  So I can go from a 85 player to a 95 player and
change my handicap by just 4 strokes.
I do not play the back tees unless I am with a 10 handicap or less customer &
that is what he wants to play.  It is just not a lot of fun hitting 3 & 5 woods
for 2nd shots into the par 4's with water & sand all over the place.  I more
then likely would score better if I played it more often and hit layups on all
the par 4's.  That is also not a lot of fun.

George Huson
ByGeorge Custom Clubs