From: owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com [mailto:owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com] On
Behalf Of j...@clubmaker-online.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:30 AM
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: Measuring Lie

Thanks for the great tips. Is the grooved ball required for the Golftek lie
detector to work properly, or would the sharpie trick work with the lie
detector?

I'll probably be at a driving range. I need the exercise but would hate to be
chasing down grooved golf balls! :-)

John

John
I don't agree with the statement in italics you posted.  But rather than debate
the points I feel the author is wrong, there is an alternative method for lie
angle fitting that is very accurate and which can be done while the golfer hits
shots off grass or off a hitting mat so a hard lie board is not required.  Take
a look at this link to see this alternative method which has been around for a
very long time, but not all that well known.

http://www.golftek.com/liedetector.html

You can also do this by simply putting a thick ink line on the ball with a
Sharpie pen, positioning the ball so the ink line is perfectly vertical to be
able to leave an imprint of the line on the face of the iron from impact.

TOM WISHON