Well shoot guys, here's the latest; next Monday will be the 7 week anniversary
of the surgery (and my birthday as well). I saw the thoracic surgeon yesterday,
and a week ago. Last week he turned me loose behind the wheel of my car, a
major event. Yesterday he said I should go out and hit some balls, which I did
today - 20 8-irons, average  distance, 95 yds. Also a tube of 24 practice balls
hit with a SW, 57 yds. The chest held together and only a small amount of pain.
Putted and chipped for about an hour as well.

The aortic valve stenosis was repaired with a bovine valve. A mechanical valve
was not considered at all. I go for one more follow-up with the thoracic guy,
then a visit with a cardiologist for a sonogram. Taking rat poison
(coumadin/warfarin) for 1 1/2 months more and done with that. Same with
metoprolol. Just a baby aspirin daily.

So there it is. Feeling pretty good. A little tired but better every day.
Thanks for all the good wishes.

TFlan