Howdy Ronald

Yes indeedy, we sold out late '97/early '98. I then worked part time for
"The Golf Doctor," for a while then ran a store in Tustin, which I quit
because of the incredible Orange County traffic. It was a second store a
guy was trying to make a go of but it didn't pan out. Bad location and a
lot of competition. There was a new Roger Dunn's a couple miles away. So, I
went to work part-time at the guy's Long Beach store where there was a lot
of business. Got paid cash for the time I was there plus some bucks for
regripping and reshaftng. A buck for each grip, $13 for a set, $5.00 for
basic reshaft's and a percentage for whatever I sold over the counter. It
was a sweetheart deal for sure. We moved out of the area on my birthday,
Y2K. So 14 years here and a lot of time in So Cal. Had to get out of there
- smog, traffic, politics, getting starting times on courses. Crazy!

Remember Hackman and the ridiculous Fit Chip arguments? "If you're hitting
the ball too low you need a stiffer shaft." No matter how much we told the
guy that theoretically and empirically that his theory was wrong, he
wouldn't give up. Then there was my internet pal Domasky. A good guy. There
was another guy, I forget his name, who responded to a question from a guy
who wanted to know how to get old tape off a shaft. "Do you not have the
ability of rational thought? Burn it off!" Cracked me up.

Now? I don't do much club work. Some grips, some shafts, some freq
matching, spines and so on. One thing I regret is getting rid of my
Scotland L&L machine. I still get requests for adjustments. Man, that was
easy money!

 I did do a Titleist 3 W job not long ago. A guy wanted to "soften" the
flex, keeping the same shaft. So I pulled it, shoved an old shaft tip in
the hosel and put the old shaft back in. Popped the grip, cut the length,
sold a new grip and made some pretty good dough. Fortunately it was a gray
color shaft. I have some gray touch up lacquer that I just happened to have
on hand. It matches my car color and it matched the shaft paint pretty
close. I did the same job but in reverse on a Taylor 3W. Pulled the shaft,
tipped it, popped the grip, plugged the butt, sold another grip and made a
few more bucks.

Good to hear (read) from you.

TFlan