On 08/31/2012 09:43 AM, Mark van Dijk wrote:

> If this is valid then as you can see it would allow me to have shared
> rules for the parent (loc) e.g. drop ICMP echo request from inet to
> loc, and specific rules for child zones. But I'm not sure if this is
> valid - eth1 is not the same as eth1.10, right?

Right -- it isn't valid. Packets routed to/from eth1.10 are NOT routed
to/from eth1. In this configuration, eth1 doesn't have an IP address at
all so Netfilter won't match any packets against eth1.

> Or is there a better way to do the above?

- define one zone Z that includes all three eth.nn,
- specify REJECT for the Z->Z policy.
- Use rules to specify which traffic is allowed.

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car