On 03/15/2013 11:17 AM, Donald S. Doyle wrote:

> I apologize, I believe the first file I attached does not reflect when
> wan> FIREWALL is set to DROP.  The one that is now attached does.
>

> I have Shorewall v4.5.5.3 installed on Ubuntu server v12.10 and Webmin
> v1.620.
>

> When I choose DROP for wan to ANY and already have in place a rule from
> wan to FIREWALL to accept source ports 10000:10001, I am not able to
> access the server at will via SSH or Webmin.  I have to go in and edit
> the policy file to ACCEPT for wan to ANY.  Please advise.

A couple of things:

- A trace is useful in cases where the firewall won't start; it is not
helpful for diagnosing connection issues. For that, we need to see the
output of 'shorewall dump'.

- I fail to understand why you believe that accepting source ports
10000:10001 would allow you to access SSH and Webmin.

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car