On 3/15/13 12:02 PM, "Donald S. Doyle" <dsdo...@gemcc.com> wrote:

>Hi Tom,
>
>I try /sbin/shorewall dump > /tmp/shorewall_dump.txt and I am getting an
>error message LOGFILE (/var/log/messages) does not exist!

Then set LOGFILE correctly. A dump is not nearly so useful without the
accompanying netfilter log messages; that's why the program refuses to
continue dumping if the specified file doesn't exist. See Shorewall FAQ 91.

>I look in the sbin directory and see the shorewall file.
>
>I am using port 10000 for SSH and 10001 to access Webmin

Then you want to open DEST PORT(S) 10000:10001, not SOURCE PORT(S)
10000:10001

-Tom
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice.