On 3/27/2014 8:53 AM, Angela Williams wrote:
> Hi All!
> I've no hit the same problem I hit quite some time back in trying to
> replace a rather limited script based iptables rule generator. Now I
> have no option really. The customer now has add a nice new 5M fibre
> connection to supplement the existing 1< leased line as well as an adsl
> link that is only for emergencies!
> 
> Okay! The Problem! There are a few staff members the need to use a
> standard M$ PPiP vpn to connect to their biggest and almost only
> customers tracking system. I know the ideal is to set it up on the
> firewall but that will be a future project!  Right now I need to get it
> working! I ran a tcpdump on the old script based system and the tcp 1723
> and GRE  packets just hapily fly back and forth!
> Stopped the old service and started shorewall. Another tcpdump showed no
> GRE packets being masq'd out. I can rule out anything with the kernel as
> that is the same for both firewall generators!
> 
> Maybe it's just me misreading or misunderstanding the docs!
> Or maybe I just need my bum kicked!
> 
> I have bziped up the shorewall dump and it is attached as ross.dump.bz2/

Hi Ang,

Unfortunately, this dump shows no active connections using tcp port 1723
or GRE. Can you capture one that demonstrates the issue?

Thanks,
-Tom
-- 
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car
http://shorewall.net \________________________________________________

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users

Reply via email to