On 3/27/2014 10:54 AM, Angela Williams wrote:
> Hi Tom!
> 
> On 27/03/2014 19:02, Tom Eastep wrote:
>> On 3/27/2014 8:53 AM, Angela Williams wrote:
>>> Hi All!
>>> I've no hit the same problem I hit quite some time back in trying to
>>> replace a rather limited script based iptables rule generator. Now I
>>> have no option really. The customer now has add a nice new 5M fibre
>>> connection to supplement the existing 1< leased line as well as an adsl
>>> link that is only for emergencies!
>>>
>>> Okay! The Problem! There are a few staff members the need to use a
>>> standard M$ PPiP vpn to connect to their biggest and almost only
>>> customers tracking system. I know the ideal is to set it up on the
>>> firewall but that will be a future project!  Right now I need to get it
>>> working! I ran a tcpdump on the old script based system and the tcp 1723
>>> and GRE  packets just hapily fly back and forth!
>>> Stopped the old service and started shorewall. Another tcpdump showed no
>>> GRE packets being masq'd out. I can rule out anything with the kernel as
>>> that is the same for both firewall generators!
>>>
>>> Maybe it's just me misreading or misunderstanding the docs!
>>> Or maybe I just need my bum kicked!
>>>
>>> I have bziped up the shorewall dump and it is attached as ross.dump.bz2/
>>
>> Hi Ang,
>>
>> Unfortunately, this dump shows no active connections using tcp port 1723
>> or GRE. Can you capture one that demonstrates the issue?
> 
> Me's just a bit flustered! Not thinking straight!
> 
> This might just be a tad better! ross1.dump.bz2 attached!

It doesn't look as though you have any of the helpers enabled. Try
setting AUTOHELPERS=Yes in shorewall.conf.

-Tom
-- 
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car
http://shorewall.net \________________________________________________

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users

Reply via email to