Hi Tom!

On 27/03/2014 19:02, Tom Eastep wrote:
On 3/27/2014 8:53 AM, Angela Williams wrote:
Hi All!
I've no hit the same problem I hit quite some time back in trying to
replace a rather limited script based iptables rule generator. Now I
have no option really. The customer now has add a nice new 5M fibre
connection to supplement the existing 1< leased line as well as an adsl
link that is only for emergencies!

Okay! The Problem! There are a few staff members the need to use a
standard M$ PPiP vpn to connect to their biggest and almost only
customers tracking system. I know the ideal is to set it up on the
firewall but that will be a future project!  Right now I need to get it
working! I ran a tcpdump on the old script based system and the tcp 1723
and GRE  packets just hapily fly back and forth!
Stopped the old service and started shorewall. Another tcpdump showed no
GRE packets being masq'd out. I can rule out anything with the kernel as
that is the same for both firewall generators!

Maybe it's just me misreading or misunderstanding the docs!
Or maybe I just need my bum kicked!

I have bziped up the shorewall dump and it is attached as ross.dump.bz2/

Hi Ang,

Unfortunately, this dump shows no active connections using tcp port 1723
or GRE. Can you capture one that demonstrates the issue?

Me's just a bit flustered! Not thinking straight!

This might just be a tad better! ross1.dump.bz2 attached!

Ang -whose slowly loosing her marbles!

--
Angela Williams
angierfw at gmail dot com
Linux/Networking Hacker
Blog http://angierfw.wordpress.com

Smile! Yeshua Loves You!

Attachment: ross1.dump.bz2
Description: application/bzip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users

Reply via email to