On 12/26/18 3:25 PM, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
> I'm running on the ancient CentOS-4.8, and there is no feasible way to
> upgrade this system in the forseeable future.
>
> I'd like to get Shorewall running on that system, if possible, and I
> wonder if someone could recommend the proper version of Shorewall to
> download that would work on this Stone-Age version of CentOS.
>
> Thank you for any pointers or suggestions.
>
> --
>  Hippo Man
>  hippo...@gmail.com <mailto:hippo...@gmail.com>
>  Take a hippopotamus to lunch today.

Whatever application is depending on this, is not immortal.  There is a
modern form or one can be made.  If you can't make it consider these gig
job websites or Mechanical Turk.

If it were a $1.2M mainframe or Cray that's 8 years old, fine, but come
on.  What you're doing is busted.

CentOS 4.8 has so many other vulnerabilities that if you choose to keep
running it the only secure option is a walled garden as Damiano
suggested.  Ideally presenting an API with restricted commands and input
structure.