Thank you very much!

Before I read your message, I got brave and gave Shorewall 4.4.0.2 a try,
and it's working. I came back here to report this, and I now see your
message.

I realize that some of the 4.4.0.2 config files differ from the current
documentation, but thankfully, there is still enough discussion and
documentation out there for the 4.x releases, and I have been able to
figure out how to get it functioning.

Some day I will move off of that prehistoric CentOS-4.8 server completely,
at which time all of this will become moot. In the mean time, Shorewall
4.4.0.2 is more than sufficient for my current needs.

Thank you again.

--
 Hippo Man
 hippo...@gmail.com