Hmm, I did have the regular shorewall package which gentoo had, but I did not 
want to unmerge that one before installing this one because I wanted to test 
first to see if there were any gotchus -- so I wonder how to fix this I thought 
the package was arranged so I could install it and do the check, etc.

Thanks.


-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Stracchino <[email protected]> 
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2026 2:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Shorewall-users] Introducing shorewall-nft

On 9/24/26 14:02, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi.I tried to emerge this under gentoo and the emerge failed – here is 
> the log I got:


Had you previously installed it, or a prior version, by a different 
method (manually for example)?  What Portage is objecting to here is 
that it cannot merge the completed package because the destination files 
already exist in the filesystem and it doesn't know what owns them, so 
is refusing to overwrite them.


-- 
   Phil Stracchino
   Fenian House Publishing
   [email protected]
   [email protected]
   Landline: +1.603.293.8485
   Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958


_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users




_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users

Reply via email to