Well done Dave,

It is great to see this level of responsiveness to keep Shorewall moving forward.

I’m impressed by your efforts.

Kind regards,

Bruce

On 25 Sep 2026, at 08:31, Dave Kempe <[email protected]> wrote:


I'm happy to fix this. chuck the bug on github and I will get it done. We have this in place for other packages, I'm sure its a small adjustment.

Dave


On Fri, 25 Sept 2026 at 05:44, Phil Stracchino <[email protected]> wrote:
On 9/24/26 14:56, [email protected] wrote:
> Hmm, I did have the regular shorewall package which gentoo had, but I did not want to unmerge that one before installing this one because I wanted to test first to see if there were any gotchus -- so I wonder how to fix this I thought the package was arranged so I could install it and do the check, etc.
>
> Thanks.

Aaaah, so I think you'll find then that net-firewall/shorewall and
net-firewall/shorewall-nft cannot be installed at the same time, but the
shorewall-nft ebuild is not properly tagged for this.


--
   Phil Stracchino
   Fenian House Publishing
   [email protected]
   [email protected]
   Landline: +1.603.293.8485
   Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958


_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users
_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users
_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users

Reply via email to