In message <6d0984a9-12a9-4b16-8eac-6ea391176...@virtualized.org>
David Conrad writes:
[ trimmed ]

> Could someone enlighten me why enterprises, ISPs, or governments
> who are NOT the roots of this system won't recoil in horror at even
> the idea that their parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. in
> the trust hierarchy potentially could, by intent, whim, or error,
> instantly and completely remove their ability to send/receive Internet
> traffic[1]?
>
> Thanks,
> -drc
>
> [1] Note that the actual accuracy of this statement is not
> particularly relevant since there will be folks who will spin the
> capabilities of the system in this way.

Hi David,

Maybe they'd be OK with this because they are already dependent on DNS
where their parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. in the
[hierarchy] potentially could, [screw up].

DNS has at times been victum of error at or near the top level.

Are you expecting a new round of conspiracy theories?

Curtis