At 4:18 AM -0400 8/25/10, Sandra Murphy wrote:
We had a discussion in April on the list regarding removing TLS from the provisioning protocol. Rob Austein presented his views on the issue at the sidr meeting at the IETF78 in Maastricht.

I am calling for wg consensus on the question. Should the authors of draft-ietf-sidr-rescerts-provisioning-06 revise that draft to remove TLS from the protocol?

Please respond to the list by 8 Sept, so the authors can represent wg consensus in the draft.

--Sandy

I am in favor of dropping the TLS requirement, and replacing it with the anti-replay mechanism (based on a time stamp?) that Rob proposed.

Steve