On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:
>>> sriram was working on the effects of bgpsec on the growth rate, not
>>> every other game being played in town.  give the man a break.
>>
>> to be fair to both parties... the excel can be adjusted if you so
>> desire.
>
> true.  and we could play with it to try to model lots of causes.  point
> taken.

what I like it for is: "I see XX routes today, I think based on my
past I should see YY in 2 years, tell that engineering guy to tell the
procurement guy to get me more RAMZ!!!"

please use this in your measurements before buying gear, cause if it
takes you 5+ years to flip a piece of gear in/out of your network...
knowing NOW what you may need THEN would be good to tell vendors NOW
;)

-chris