Jakob,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 03:51:10AM -0400, Jakob Heitz wrote:
> Could we not put a freshness indication into the BGP update?
> Then everyone that receives the new update would know to invalidate the less
> fresh paths.

Just to be clear, this is not a route freshness mechanism I am
recommending.  What I am recommending is a signal that a repository has
newer data that may be needed for validation.

Given such a mechanism, we may be able to reduce the work upon the
repository mirroring system (distributed or not) by not having to regularly
poll for new objects frequently unless the repository indicates there is new
data present.

-- Jeff