Roque,

Yes, there has been some confusion about AS4_Path, I think my text in the protocol draft (both the current version, but especially in previous versions) is in part responsible for this.

I agree that even if we included AS_Path in BGPSEC update messages BGPSEC speakers MUST support 4-byte AS numbers and so there would never be any reason to include AS4_Path. My apologies for lack of clarity in the spec, I'll attempt to remove any lingering ambiguity in the next update to the draft.

- Matt Lepinski