After talking to Oliver and the comments of Andy I think that it might valuable that fourth state.

Trying to respond to Randy I thought that it may be useful to know if a route is unknown (prefix holder does not care about the prefix, i might not trust it) or "undefined" (i lost connectivity with the cache)

Perhaps adding a very low preference to unknown (not signed, perhaps unsecure?) and leave undefined untouched?

  Does it make sense?

/as