Tim,

Thanks for your explanations.

Yet since the very draft keeps talking about Resource Transfer and deems it as
one of the  “Operational Considerations” in Section 3, we might pay attention
to Steve’s statement as below:

So, when folks claim that this alg allows for transfers to not have to follow
a strict ordering of RPKI actions, that is only partly true. Issuing a new CA
cert with resources not yet transferred to the target can actually enable the
target to generate bogus ROAs that will validate, unless certain precautions
are taken. Every CA has to be sure that IF it issues a cert to a subordinate
because of an anticipated transfer, that this act does not enable the
subordinate
(or a child of the subordinate ...) to issue bogus ROAs! Right now we have no
agreed-upon resource transfer process for the RPKI, to ensure that this sort of
vulnerability does not arise. Yet the suggestion is to change the validation
procedure before having such a process in place. Not such a good idea.

As Randy’s draft relating to Resource Transfer is still in progress, it would
be not wise to seek solutions to the so-called fragility in validating
certificates when we have no agreed-upon resource transfer process for the
RPKI.

Di