On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 6:06 PM Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:

> > Some people do use route servers, and won't do their own validation -
> > I'd rather that they have the information available to make a decision
> > than not...
>
> this glibly glosses over that, by outsourcing origin validation, an
> attack vector is introduced.

Yup.

> i presume i do not need to describe it.
> so it needs to be big in the sec cons.

Yup, I fully agree. I had a flag set to mention that, but somehow lost it.
It definitely needs to be stressed -- you really really really should do
your own validation. If, for some reason you cannot / will not, having
someone else doing your validation *might* be better than nothing, but it
also might not be...