Oleksandr Voznyy wrote:
There is an implementation for Bader analysis which can be used with SIESTA:
http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/bader/
Some minor additional coding is needed for SIESTA, I did it and can share. Though, it's very rough, since I discontinued to work with it since Bader analysis gave me very similar results to Mulliken and Andrei's tool.

I cannot agree that observing the relative change in Mulliken charges instead of absolute values would be correct. I had experience that DZP showed transfer of charge from surface to molecule, while TZP showed the opposite (though the charge transfer itself was very smal - about 0.1e)

Was this an effect only in the Mulliken populations, or was it something from the calculation? Did you checked was was really happening with the charge transfer?

M.

--
Miguel Alonso Pruneda,
Marie Curie Fellow