On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, bipul rakshit wrote:

| hello seista user,
|   I am doing phonon dispersion calculation of PtN (ZB) with the help of Vibra,
|   with a mesh cutoff 250 Ry, and monsk_pack=12x12x12
|   and
|   super_cell   1
|   super_cell   1
|   super_cell   1
|
|   But it iwill taking too much time ( in days) to complete the full
calculation.
|   How i reduce the computational time???

Bipul:
THINK about whether you REALLY need phonon dispersions in the WHOLE
Brilluoin zone of your cubic(?) system
(that makes you to calculate 27* unit cell,
but  super_cell = 1 is probably too small anyway
to get a good falldown of the force constants with distance),
or just in one direction.

If you really do, get a bigger computer, or be patient.
Another speed factor: k-mesh 12*12*12 seems to be an overkill,
but you certainly tested it in advance that you need that much?

Andrei Postnikov