On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, bipul rakshit wrote:

| hello siesta user,
|
|   i am facing a problem in using Vibra for PtN calculations.
|   i got frequencies at gamma point 0.0032  0.0488  0.0540  526.0463  526.0609
 526.0764

|   it is correct?????

Three acoustic frequencies are close enough to zero; that's OK.
Three others are almost equal, that is also a good sign.
As for the value you obtain (how good it is), check the literature...

|   but when i construct a supercell  = 1 in all the three direction. and when
i run the siesta command, then it says  " fail to converge, eigen value problem"

|   what can i do??? plz help me with this regard...

Try so set Diag.DivideAndConquer to F

as has been discussed many times in the list

Hope this helps,

Andrei Postnikov

+-- Dr. Andrei Postnikov ---- Tel. +33-387315873 ----- mobile +33-666784053 ---+
| Paul Verlaine University - Institute de Physique Electronique et Chimie,     |
| Laboratoire de Physique des Milieux Denses, 1 Bd Arago, F-57078 Metz, France |
+-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------ http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/apostnik/
--+