Dear all,
     I have met an installation problem, and even though I have read the
archives, I found no similar reports.
     When I tried to compile the siesta code on my dual opteron amd 64
machine with intel em64t compiler 8.1 and Math Kernel Library
7.2 under SUSE operation system, I get the following error message:

fortcom: Error: atom.f, line 4485: Unbalanced parentheses
     .       nsm=1,nsemic(l)+1-(cnfigtb(l,nsemic(l)+1,is)-config(l)))
--------------------------------------------------------------------^
fortcom: Error: atom.f, line 4484: Syntax error, found ',' when expecting
one of: :
     .          (cnfigtb(l,nsm,is),sym(l),'(',qPAO(l,nsm),')',
----------------------------------^
fortcom: Error: atom.f, line 4484: Syntax error, found ''' when expecting
one of: ( * :: , <IDENTIFIER> <CHAR_CON_KIND_PARAM> <CHAR_NAM_KIND_PARAM>
<CHARACTER_CONSTANT> ...
     .          (cnfigtb(l,nsm,is),sym(l),'(',qPAO(l,nsm),')',
----------------------------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for atom.f (code 1)
make: *** [atom.o] Error 1

It seems there is no syntax error in this expression (atom.f, lines
4483-4485).I have thought whether it's caused by the strict format of
fortran. But it does not work when I delete some space in the
continued line so as to ensure the expression is in the region from
column 7 to column 72 or compile with lower optimization option -O0. In
fact when I compile the code on a 32-bit machine with Intel 32-bit
compiler 8.1 and corresponding 32-bit Math Kernel Library, it goes through
successfully and does not show this message. Has anybody met this problem
too? Or can anybody give me some possible explanation for this problem and
suggestions to solve it?
Thanks.

By the way, I attached my used arch.make here:
SIESTA_ARCH=intel-mkl
#
# Intel fortran compiler for linux with mkl optimized blas and lapack
#
# Be sure to experiment with different optimization options.
# You have quite a number of combinations to try...
#
FC=ifort
#
FFLAGS= -w -mp -tpp5 -O3
#this default options works well for 32-bit machine
FFLAGS_DEBUG= -g
LDFLAGS=  -Vaxlib
COMP_LIBS= /opt/lib/libgoto.so ./xerbla.o
RANLIB=echo
#
NETCDF_LIBS=
NETCDF_INTERFACE=
DEFS_CDF=
#
MPI_INTERFACE=
MPI_INCLUDE=
DEFS_MPI=
#
GUIDE=/opt/intel/mkl72/lib/em64t/libguide.a
LAPACK=/opt/intel/mkl72/lib/em64t/libmkl_lapack.a
BLAS=/opt/intel/mkl72/lib/em64t/libmkl_em64t.a
#G2C=/usr/lib64/libg2c.a
LIBS=$(LAPACK) $(BLAS) $(G2C) $(GUIDE)  -lpthread
SYS=bsd
DEFS= $(DEFS_CDF) $(DEFS_MPI)
#
.F.o: