Hmmm... I did not know that. Thanks!

To be frank, I need to be less lazy and go deeper into the Siesta paper (it is
here, in front of me, 34 pages of fun) to understand better those basis sets
and other things about it.

What is the meaning of TZTP-TZTP-TZTP in the paper of Suarez et al (Journal of
Physics: Condensed Matter 16, 5453)?

This is something I am not so sure. Maybe there is nothing to do directly, but
there is something wrong somewhere. Let me try to explain the problem from the
beginning (I don't remember if I already did that).

In PRB 67, 214103, the authors calculate the enthalpy of solvation of a carbon
atom in alpha-iron as follows (using VASP):

H_n=E(Fe_n+C_1)-E(Fe_n)-E(C)

where E(C) is the total energy per atom of graphite. To try to reproduce those
results with Siesta taking BSSE into consideration, I did that:

H_n=E(Fe_n+C_1)-E(Fe_n+C_1(ghost))-E(Fe_n(ghost)+C_1)

Bad results. I guess it is because, for both E(Fe_n+C_1(ghost)) and
E(Fe_n(ghost)+C_1), the iron unit cell is the same as E(Fe_n+C_1), which is
distorted by the carbon atom. So in order to calculate H_n properly I should
take this deformation energy into consideration, shouldn't I? If so, how to do
that?

I tried to consider a new term in the difference, E(Fe_n)-E(Fe_n*), where
E(Fe_n*) is the iron atom unit cell in the distorted geometry but without the
carbon atom. With that, my intention was to compute the energy required to
deform the cell. Is there anything wrong, mathematical or physically speaking,
in doing so? Anyway, once again, bad results, compared to those given by VASP.

Thanks and sorry if I am bothering everyone with this subject.

Roberto