In theory, this is why each RIR has a public policy process open to any who
choose to participate.

The fact that operator participation in the process is limited (voluntarily by
the operators themselves) continues to cause problems for operators. This not
only affects RIRs, but also the IETF, ICANN, and other multi-stakeholder fora
covering various aspects of internet governance and development.

If you have a suggestion for getting greater operator participation in these
processes, I’m all ears.

Owen