Geoff Bache posted a new comment:
--- subsequent app.focus() doesn't work
This sounds like it's caused by "The obvious problem" in your message above.
It's necessary to activate the window as well as to bring it to the front. In
future, App.focusedWindow() should return the right thing, i.e. the thing we
tried to focus on.

--- startup performance regression
Can you run your test against 1.1.0 from mid-April (as close to the nightly
from 0420 which I'm still using in practice)? That would be a more direct
comparison. You could also maybe send me your test.py program. (my machine:
I7-4800MQ/2.7 32GB Win 8.1/64)