--- In silatindonesia@yahoogroups.com, O'ong Maryono <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> sahabat silat
> Dalam ilmu belaldiri apakah gerakan yg lembut pasti
> dapat mengalahkan yg keras dan tegar  atau sebaliknya,
> saya berpendapat tdk begitu .....ada istilahnya timing
> infight, siapa cepat dapet kata Bp.Tubagus Bambang.

Ini artikel mengenai filosofi beladiri oleh Tim Cartmell, seorang ahli
beladiri Cina yang juga black belt BJJ.

http://www.shenwu.com/phsphy.htm

Sedikit nukilan:

Which techniques will be effective against larger and stronger
opponents? Common sense tells us that techniques based on brute
strength will never allow the weaker to defeat the stronger (the
stronger opponent by definition possesses more brute strength than the
weaker, so a technique based on brute force is doomed to fail the
weaker fighter because in a contest of force against force, the
stronger force invariably prevails). Once techniques of brute force
(that is, techniques which require the use of force against force)
have been disqualified as fitting our definition of martial art, upon
what shall we base our techniques? The logical answer is to base
martial techniques upon principles which allow us to use our strengths
against an opponent's weaknesses, thereby circumventing superior force
and applying our own force where it will have the greatest effect.
Another way of describing the techniques of martial art is to say such
techniques are based upon maximum efficiency in obtaining the desired
result. What is efficient technique? In a violent encounter there is a
real possibility for injury, and the longer the fight lasts the
greater the chances of you being hurt. Therefore, efficient technique
should allow one to end the encounter as quickly as possible. This
means that an efficient technique should either disable an opponent or
afford one an opportunity to escape in the shortest possible span of time.

Jadi intinya "menggunakan kekuatan kita untuk mengalahkan kelemahan
lawan." Jadi lembut bisa mengalahkan yang keras dengan cara menyerang
"kosong"-nya keras, keras bisa mengalahkan lembut dengan "menekan" lembut.

Yang menjadi masalah bukan lembut/keras, tapi siapa yang lebih lihai
melihat di mana kekuatan diri dan di mana kelemahan lawan dan bisa
memadukan keduanya untuk mencapai kemenangan.

Kirim email ke