That's even a better reason to use a computer to set the schedules
that a human. If say in nursing you have a formula like a Nurse can
only work max of 7 nights shift every 28 Working days who would be
better than a computer to figure this out for you? I think a human
would have a lot of difficulty looking at all the rostering
possibilities. The roster would also provide an audit track so if the
hospital gets sued they can show the roster schedule and alignment
with best practises. Also a lot of the time these ratio would be set
for an entire group or sections say for all nurses but all it means it
applying a policy to a profile which can be tagged to the worker. I.e.
a worked name Terry Johnson can be tagged Nurse and Critical Care
which would both have different policies which need to be adhered to.

What do you think?