Software patent are often put in as Business Method Patents which
currently is accepted in Australia and the USA but is not settled
law.

Europe will not accept software or business method patents - however
patents are often submitted for software under the guise of something
different - for example, "... software and business methods patents
are not available in Europe, no fewer than 30,000 such patents have
been granted at the European Patent Office (EPO)"
http://www.buildingipvalue.com/05_XB/064_067.htm

Just a thought

Thanks again

1 Place