On Jan 6, 3:31 pm, Phil Sim <philip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, we're finally moving to put in place a redundant server and
> failover.
>
> We've running a local primary server and a redundant server on rackspace.
> I'm interested in what other people are doing in terms of failover. Are you
> automating it, and if so how are you doing it? Semi-automation? Manual? Not
> a lot of system experience here, so any advice welcomed.
>
> phil

If you're automating failover it may be easier to have 3+ servers so
that you can operate on the basis of a quorum of 2. The automation and
failover methodology you select will depend on your networks options,
software stack and availability policy. On the off chance PostgreSQL
and Pacemaker fit your stack feel free to contact me off-list for more
detailed advice but otherwise it'd be worth posting back with more
details on your expectations, app, OS, DB, etc.

Andrew