Hi all,

My name is Andrew Goldstiver. My background is in engineering, product
management, financial planning and now usability consulting. I've been
on the group a little while, about time I spoke up!

I'm been trying to start my own web business for a while, the most
success I've had is with Sprixi www.sprixi.com which I designed and
built (in rails) with some hired help.

Sprixi is an image search tool that focuses on free, creative commons
images that are easy to find, choose and then use. Due to competing
commitments I took it offline a few months ago but I'm going to
attempt to get it up and running again over the next month or so.

By "success" I mean I've built a useful free product that is in
demand. So while I'm confident there is a return on investment
somewhere to be had, I'm now trying to find it and grasp it! Hobby
project + monetisation = business. In any case I've learnt a lot from
the experience.

Nice to meet you all,
Andrew (aka Goldy)