"It's no different" is precisely my point. I had hoped Delimiter was
about being different, about finding new models for a new medium. This
sounds no different to the most voyeuristic, pointless and inaccurate
annual feature in BRW. Yay.

I don't think "but traditional media does it" really makes a good
enough case, nor "but readers want to know". How does such a list
advance the growth/maturation of the local startup industry, other
than creating mostly unrealistic expectations?

I remain thankful your readers are yet to demand a "Most Beautiful
People in Tech Issue" ;-)

- alan