Why is it not a good economic decision?

I mean, I understand the rest, but why that conclusion? I doubt
Australia will ever have this good an economy again, and the potential
for growth from an improvement in infrastructure is there. So why is
it "not a good economic decision at the present"?

I mean, good economics is a judgment that is beyond just technology,
and I'd be curious as to how he arrived at that SPECIFIC conclusion.