From: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
[mailto:silicon-beach-austra...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Matthew Griffiths
Sent: Sunday, 26 December 2010 10:11 PM
To: Silicon Beach Australia
Subject: [SiliconBeach] Re: National Broadband Network Comments..

I'm a huge supporter of disruptive technologies, and conceptually
(like James) I see huge advantages from a fibre backbone...

However, would I rather see a Maglev line down the East Coast for the
same money ? (good question - no real answer)

As for the NBN - the only thing fundamentally enabled by super fast
broadband to the HOME is fully interactive HD TV - ie. a new Australia
wide digital broadcasting network.

Could true tele-medicine, tele-communiting, etc. evolve from this -
who knows...although I'd probably argue that the bandwidth already
currently exists, and that prices don't look like they will massively
decrease under the NBN for the enabling technology.

Are there opportunities for SB's - of course...just correcting our
tardy take up of on-line services that are utility like in the US
would be a start...