Could not resist sharing this...

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists
found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the
conclusion that their ancestors had a telephone network more than 150
years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brits, in the weeks that followed an American
archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after published
in the New York Times: "American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-
year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had
an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the
British".

One week later, the State Department of Minerals and Energy in Western
Australia reported the following:

 "After digging as deep as 30 feet in Western Australia's Pilbara
region, Jack Lucknow, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he
found absolutely bugger all. Jack has therefore concluded that 250
years ago, Australia had already gone wireless."

Just makes you bloody proud to be Australian.

Cheers, Pete.