Actually Im looking for exactly this kind of Technical Cofounder role.

What Im looking for in a non-technical cofounder is -
- Singleminded, self disciplined, driven person with a clear vision
- Business+People skills and experience, obviously
- grounded in reality, organised, and actually gets-stuff-done
- idea that does have a paying market, solves a pain point
- some level tech and design awareness
- some open-mindedness to modern technical strategies
- has generated some funding

Warning signs :

Someone who thinks PHP is the only language is probably not going to
excite me.
Someone who describes creating new software as 'coding' probably has
no understanding of whats under the hood

Positive signs :

If a biz-geek/entrepreneur has made faltering steps towards
implementing an actual technical solution..in chicken-wire and
selotape [PHP :] then that is a huge plus.  If they have drawn up what
the software might look like, thats a huge plus.

Any other sign of tenacity in achieving practical results leads me to
believe this person will succeed.  ie. that my work in building state
of the art software to realize their business vision will pay off.

portable CTO ?

Pollenizer seems to fill a concrete need... but I think there is
another niche where you have more sustained focus of a fulltime
dedicated CTO during the initial growth phase of the startup to ship
product v1.  Thats precisely what I want to be doing - backing a great
entrepreneur during that intense rapid growth phase, and building the
technical team.

I was lucky when I worked for magicdraw.com, as Chief Architect at
their Asian dev studio... I basically had the freedom to build up a
technical team and deliver two new shrink wrap products.  Effectively
I got away with creating a startup within a larger organisation.
Skunkworks/Guerilla/Aikido development at its best.  After this I
guess theres no hope for me - Im hooked on the buzz of delivering the
new new thing.

So..
If you truly are the real deal and looking for a tech cofounder /
CTO.. do get in touch.

cheers,

gordon.